A Visit to Disneyland and DCA

The Date:  4-4-19

The Time:  1:30 p.m.

The Reason:  Things slowed down dramatically at work.

Rather than go home, my friend Laura and I decided to go to the Parks and I'm so glad we did!

Since it is still spring break season, the crowds were there but it wasn't unbearable.

We started our visit at Tongaroa Terrace because Laura had never experienced a Dole Whip!


Naturally, we got the spiked version. She thoroughly enjoyed it!



Once we were done, we walked to the Monorail station to ride into Disneyland. I had an ulterior motive - I wanted to show Laura a little bit of Disneyland history so as we disembarked the Monorail, we walked towards the Matterhorn and I showed Laura the Three Fences and gave her a brief explanation as to why this area was special to Disneyland nerds like myself.


I also recorded it for the latest episode of my podcast, Not Strictly Disney. Laura then mentioned that she has always wanted to wander through New Orleans Square and explore the shops so off we went to complete her wish.

Inside the Crystal Shop, I never thought I'd see Darth Vadar!


After a thorough exploration of the shop in NOS, we grabbed a fast pass for the Haunted Mansion to make sure Laura got to experience it in its natural state. She has only seen Haunted Mansion Holiday!

By then my old muscles were aching a bit so we sat under the shady trees by the mansion for a spell.






Disneyland always has such beautiful foliage, doesn't it? By now I was rested up so we walked to Adventureland and Laura expressed a desire to see Tarzan's Treehouse. I told her to knock herself out and I would wait for her, LOL!

While she explored, I enjoyed the little stream at the base of the treehouse.


Once Laura came down, we rode the Jungle Cruise. We had a hilarious captain named Bonnie.





Look! It's the backside of Rosita!


We had a 5:10 dinner reservation at the Carnation Cafe so we killed a little time in the shops on Main Street.


This must be mine some day!


I ordered the potato soup and chicken spinich salad.



Laura got the shrimp penne pasta.


Then we made a quick visit to DCA so Laura could have a sink sundae!



I wanted to check out the new carousel featuring Jesse and her critters!


Two knuckleheads on the loose!



A short rest for my tired, aching bones and enjoyed the view.


On the way out we stopped for some goodies. Yum....




Hope you enjoyed these pics. Check out the podcast anywhere podcasts are found! Not Strictly Disney!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

What I Would Give For A Road Trip