She turns 60 soon!

Who? The one and only Disneyland, that's who!

The 24 hour event that kicked off the 60th celebration was a couple of months ago but I still want to share my adventure with you.

I did not want to deal with the throngs of people yet I still wanted to be there. What to do, what to do.....I decided that I was going to go to Disneyland at 3:00 in the morning! I went to bed early and got up at 1:30 so that I could leave my house by 2:00. I drove down to Anaheim and when I was about a mile away, stopped at a red light, I tweeted "Do you think I'll get in?" Several people responded yes. I was excited! I drove into the Mickey and Friends parking structure and didn't even have to stop and show my pass...there was no one in the booths! I parked where I wanted and made my way to the tram.

There were a few others there but only a handful, 10 guests at the most. I breezed through security and walked into the Park with no problem.


As I walked down Main Street, I was mesmerized by the castle. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! I took several photos and I will share a few of my favorite ones here.


Isn't it gorgeous? And look what I did with some apps!


That last one is actually a collage of three different shots.

The first thing on my agenda, in fact, the only thing on my agenda was to go to the Haunted Mansion to see the Hatbox Ghost. But along the way, I saw a few things I wanted to photograph...

 


I was going to Periscope from the Park but I could not get connected. I've noticed that connection is spotty in the Park on a good day and that night it was extremely cloudy so that didn't help much. So now that we're on the subject of Periscope, make sure you follow me, MouseConnie, and also follow The Disneyland Gazette!


And now, on to the mansion to see that new ghost. Oh, I loved it!! Stunning!! Then, I headed on over to the River Belle and had breakfast in my Dad's honor. He loved starting our day in the Park by having pancakes at Aunt Jemima's.




After breakfast I went window shopping. Look at this super cool castle!


This graduation Duffy is simply adorable.


The sun was up and people were leaving in droves. But not me. I stayed until the Park closed, LOL!


Here are a couple of short video clips I took as I walked down Main Street towards the exit.



On my way out, I asked someone to take my picture. I really didn't want to but I realized that I hardly have any photos of me in the Park so I said what the heck and "smiled" for the shot.


I went home and took a nap because my friends and I were going to see Jurassic World. Oh ya, it was AWESOME!

When I got home from the movie, I had a surprise waiting for me - a surprise birthday party!! My son had planned a huge party for me and I was BLOWN AWAY! It was so incredibly awesome. I have to share my cake with you. Some of you may have already seen it since I tweeted it and also shared it on Instagram but here it is!


Isn't that AMAZING???? The 24 hour event turned out better than I ever could have imagined!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?