July 17, 2015

I had to be there, I simply HAD to be there. It was crowded and it was hot but I had made up my mind that I would ignore it and enjoy the fact that I was there. Paint the Night was BEYOND phenomenal. I did not film it, I did not Tweet it, I did not Periscope it because I needed to be fully there in the moment, taking it all in. I am not ashamed to say that tears were flowing like a broken water pipe. The parade brought back memories of waiting (sometimes impatiently) and also the satisfaction and wonder of the original Electrical Parade.

The fireworks had me looking left, right, up and down constantly. Wow, what a show! Again, I simply watched and experienced the show. You can find tons of videos on YouTube If you so desire. I simply enjoyed the show and kept thinking about my Dad and how much he loved the fireworks and I knew he was watching with me.

So now, I will share a few pictures taken that day.


I got my badge!!


My friends, Karen and Peter took me to dinner and I got my favorite - the Monte Cristo.



We took advantage of a cool photo op next to the Haunted Mansion but while we were in line,
Splash Mountain caught my eye.




As you can see, I did not take hundreds of photos. No, instead, I just enjoyed my Park. I was there all weekend and I did take many more photos on Saturday and Sunday so I'll post those soon. Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

TokyoMagic! said…
Connie, I felt the same way. I didn't want to deal with the heat or the crowds, but I had to go too. I was there on July 17th for the 30th, the 40th, and the 50th.....as well as many other birthdays in between the milestone ones. I had to do it. I was actually surprised that it wasn't more crowded. Maybe the heat kept some people away? That and maybe the fact that all the annual passes were blocked except for the premium pass? I'm glad to see that you got your button.....and your Monte Cristo! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?