Disneyland Resort 5-2-19

First things first...the new parking structure is almost complete.



It appears that the new structure will connect to the original one on section C of each floor.



I got the above photo by positioning my phone very carefully on the small opening you see here!



Here are a couple more views for you...





Even though the photos on this blog can be enlarged by clicking on them, I know some of you prefer video!



Finally in the Park!



I make my way to the Opera House to see the Aladdin preview!



The costumes are great.



Why are actresses so TINY?



Just looking around...



The Aladdin preview was GREAT! I wasn't sure what to expect and I wasn't sure if I'd like it but WOW! The imagry, the CGI, WOW!! After the preview my face hurt from grinning so much.

As I exited the Opera House, the first thing I see is new Aladdin headgear. So cute!



And these ears are gorgeous!



OK, folks, next stop is Adventureland.This is the temporary sign at the entrance to the land.



This is the area where that wierd covered section was. If it wasn't for the patched flooring, you'd never know.



I opted to turn right and go towards Frontierland but first....
This area used to be very overgrown and I was surprised to see how much they opened it up.



Are you wondering if the Adventureland sign looks familiar to you? Check out this info I found online...

Disneyland pulled the Adventureland sign out of a warehouse that was near the Jungle Cruise attraction in the 1960s and 1970s and placed it at the entrance to the land temporarily.

Pretty neat, huh? I thought so.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this shirt. Even though I had just come from a shopping spree at Company D, this shirt had to be mine. Alas, it was not to be. They only had Medium and Small sizes. Somebody in purchasing didn't plan right....just saying.



Extremely disappointed, I found a shady spot in New Orleans Square to cool down for a spell. I couldn't figure out WHY I was so darn uncomfortable until I checked the weather. 50% humidity!!



So I'm sitting under this tree and I noticed that it reminded me of those carved figures they used to put on the front of big sailing ships only without the head...ya know what I mean?



(By the way, I love Instagram filters, LOL.)



THIS is what I was talking about! (tree)



I love going to the hidden area behind Harbor Galley to watch the Splash Mountain flumes. Just regular people, having a fun time at Disneyland!





From this same area, you get a cool view of Tom Sawyer's Island and Splash.



I love Instagram filters!





Every visit I walk over to the Hungry Bear and check the status of Galaxy's Edge and this time I was surprised to see it looked like it was done! So perfect!



At this point I decide to go to Fantasyland by way of Big Thunder Trail but along the way I pause to admire the roses in New Orleans Square.



I spotted a Disneyland Cat!



That's not all I spotted....turtles!

I've never seen so many turtles at Disneyland! The guests were really enjoying them.





So now I'm actually on Big Thunder Trail and guess what I'm doing?

BREATHING!

Yup, I no longer have to hold my breath while I walk through here. Such a relief.



OK, now it's time to check out the giant graphic on the backside of the castle. Yes, everyone has seen it. Everyone except me! However before I get there, I see this and I am immediately sad. Climbing those stairs in my youth and young adulthood conjured up both excitement and fear in anticipation of my ride across Fantasyland to survey "my" kingdom.




It's time to head on over to DCA for something yummy to eat. I stopped at the ice cream shop and got a Mangonada. DELICIOUS!




Two scoops of mango sorbet and LOTS of fresh mango. It was much bigger than I was expecting and it took quite a while to eat. I had about 3/4 of it and then could not eat any more. I'd say you're better off sharing it with someone.

If you heard about the Carthay Circle seating expansion but you're not quite sure WHERE this is happening, fear no more, I'm going to show you where.




Much later in the afternoon I started to get hungry so I pulled out my phone, started the Disneyland app and perused the menu for Smokejumpers Grill. I've used the app many times to order food and things usually go quite smoothly.

I got my food quickly; it just wasn't a good sandwich. Also, check out the sandwich as it is pictured in the app and compare it to what I actually received. Someone on Instagram said it was like a profile pic versus real life, LOL! 



Oh one more thing....paper straws. I was very impressed with the quality of the new paper straws. They are very sturdy and don't get soft or soggy right away like straws of old.


For the rest of the evening, I walked around and simply enjoyed DCA. Here are a few video clips that you might like.





 


So I'm in the parking structure walking back to my car when all of a sudden something catches my eye. Upon closer investigation, I find that there is a stone or jewel on the ground.


LOL, ok and as promised on the podcast, here is a picture of the purse I bought at Company D earlier in the day. I love it!



See y'all next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest