Finding inner peace, outside.

So as you know, I have a little gig working from home and I have to say that it's hard being stuck at home all day. It really is. Oh sure, you get to throw in a load of laundry or grab a snack but once you clock out, you are sill.....home...inside the house....haven't seen the light of day.  It's starting to get to me.

On Saturday I woke up at my usual time (6:30) and I went into the kitchen to make some coffee. All of my roommates were dead (asleep) and I knew they would remain so for several hours. I showered, got dressed, grabbed my coffee and my purse and got in the car and started driving with no particular destination in mind. If only I had my Disneyland pass. (insert big sob here)

I had heard about a park close by so I drove there and decided to walk around a bit. I am so glad I did. It was early in the morning and there was no one around except for ducks of all shapes and sizes. Within minutes I began to feel the tension melt away. This is what I needed. I walked out on to a little bridge towards a gazebo of sorts to look out over the water and that's when i pulled out my phone to start taking pictures. I had no intention of blogging about this when I arrived at the park but I was enjoying myself immensely and decided to share my little adventure with you.







The white duck noticed me and decided that I was worth investigating so he made a beeline towards me as you will see...




I didn't think anything of it so I started looking around...


And then I noticed he was eyeballing me.


I continued enjoying the view from the gazebo...


I liked the look of the weathered boards and the way the bridge curved....




I continued walking on the path and guess who decided to come out of the water and greet me.


I must admit, I got quite a chuckle out of that duck. Before continuing down the path, I looked back towards the gazebo and took a shot.


After I shot the previous photo, I noticed this homely fellow...He looks like a cross between a duck and a turkey, doesn't he???


I continued walking along the water's edge, just looking at the trees. I find great solace when surrounded by trees. It's weird, I know, but I am always drawn to them.




That's it for now...I took so many pictures on this particular morning that I want to share all of them. Well, maybe not all of them because that would just be waaay too many but most of them. See ya tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest