About Me

My photo

Photographer, self proclaimed foodie, blogger and regular contributor to The Disneyland Gazette podcast.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Mission Visit Part Two

Some people see ruins, I see the beauty that once was. Continue strolling through the grounds with me.





I am always amazed when I see buildings of this age still standing.


Inside the church, I decided to sit and just let my eyes wander.


These details are amazing to me and the fact that they are hand painted makes them take on a magical quality. I tried to imagine the artist, meticulously at work.


The hand painted details are on the ceiling as well.


Back outside and looking for a little shade.





These "berries" look like they been dusted with sugar!



I sat on a stone bench for a good 20 minutes enjoying the quiet beauty of the mission.
If you are ever in the area, please do stop.


See you soon!

1 comment:

Dave DeCaro said...

I'll take an interesting architectural ruin over a new building any day. BEAUTIFUL photos, Connie!