Mission Visit Part Two

Some people see ruins, I see the beauty that once was. Continue strolling through the grounds with me.





I am always amazed when I see buildings of this age still standing.


Inside the church, I decided to sit and just let my eyes wander.


These details are amazing to me and the fact that they are hand painted makes them take on a magical quality. I tried to imagine the artist, meticulously at work.


The hand painted details are on the ceiling as well.


Back outside and looking for a little shade.





These "berries" look like they been dusted with sugar!



I sat on a stone bench for a good 20 minutes enjoying the quiet beauty of the mission.
If you are ever in the area, please do stop.


See you soon!

Comments

Daveland said…
I'll take an interesting architectural ruin over a new building any day. BEAUTIFUL photos, Connie!

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?