Introducing my friends to Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar


Back during the early part of August, we were experiencing triple digit weather. NOT my favorite time of year! Nevertheless, we decided to go to Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar after work one Thursday. I was surprised to learn that two of my co-workers had never been so I immediately knew that this was a rather serious situation that needed to be rectified!

I got to the resort first so I booked it to Trader Sam's to be sure I could snag a table. When I got there, only two open tables were left! I was ever so grateful for the wonderful air conditioning and sat down to inspect the menu. This link takes you to the Disneyland site so there are no pictures but if you Google Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar and then click on images, you'll have a feast for the eyes.

Speaking of feasts...I ordered the Shrimp Tacos and a Krakatoa Punch because I wanted the souvenir glass! Guess what? They were out of souvenir glasses. BUMMER. Oh well, the Castmember put a glowing ice cube in my drink so all was not lost.



When my friends arrived I had already finished eating so for my second drink I got a Lost Safari. Let me tell you, that was one strong drink...and I liked it. If I didn't have to drive home that night I would have had three more!



My friend, Jen, also ordered a Krakatoa (tall glass) and another drink which did come in a souvenir mug.



My friends were digging the atmosphere in the bar and we all enjoyed the Krakatoa yell... Whenever anyone in the bar orders a Krakatoa, everyone else that has one raises their glass and yells "Krakatoa!" Apparently it's a popular drink because we raised our glasses and yelled several times that evening!




Here you can see my glowing ice cube. My Krakatoa was long gone but I filled the glass with water from my bottle. Oh, and my yummy Lost Safari.



The obligatory group shot.



We were there a good two and half, maybe three hours and then walked out. We saw that there was seating available so we plopped ourselves down so that my friends who were newbies to Trader Sam's could experience the music and atmosphere.




Not only had my friends had never been to Trader Sam's, they had never explored the Disneyland Hotel grounds so off we went on a mini tour.



Right off the bat, we ran into a Disneyland Cat!


I love this area at night!




We went to the lobby area of the Frontierland Tower so they could see the massive Big Thunder Mountain model that was on display and then we parted ways.



Take the tram ride back to the parking structure with me...



I love Trader Sam's....great way to spend an evening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest