Disneyland's Birthday

This is what I consider the "arrival" point. One left turn and you begin your entrance to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. I arrived at this point at 8:58 a.m.

I actually parked and got out of my car at 9:11 a.m. It felt like it took a lot longer.

There were hardly any people in line to buy tickets at 9:25 in the morning. Strange, I thought.


But good golly Miss Molly, look at the crowd waiting to get into DCA! It did my heart good!

I didn't have to wait long to enter Disneyland...

Yes, I know I'm a little late with this post so I apologize for that. Right off the bat, I'd like to say that I was very surprised at the lack of things to photograph in the Park. There were only a few things here and there that said 55th and the few that I missed, I missed because in my opinion, it wasn't worth standing in line IN THE SUN for two to three hours. Heck no! Disneyland is a place I dearly love and I go there to soak in the atmosphere and simply enjoy myself. My love of Disneyland is not all about collecting the "limited" edition merchandise so it was with a combination of excitement and amusement that I walked around the Park on Saturday.
As I was heading up Main Street to leave, I decided to have breakfast at the Carnation Cafe. The wait was longer than usual, of course, so by the time I was seated, I was sure I was going to miss breakfast but the waiter assured me that since I was in line before the break-off time, I could order breakfast. And what a great breakfast it was! For the first time ever, I ordered an iced mocha and to my surprise, received a HUGE glass full of ice and a delicious coffee drink. I also ordered the apple, granola pancakes with bacon. Oh yum! They were GOOD. Really, honestly good. I was told I could take my time so I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. The Disneyland Band went by a couple of times, as did the Fab Five on a fire engine, I believe, waving to everyone. The Dapper Dans stood across the street in the doorway of the Clothier Shop and entertained guests for quite a while. I didn't have a perfect view but I could see just enough and I could hear everything and that was good enough to add to my enjoyment of breakfast. I left at noon, thoroughly beaten by the sun :-(
Well, I will post more picture in a few minutes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest