Knott's and Sam the Eagle

What do Knott's Berry Farm and Sam the Eagle have in common? Nothing! But I've got two "vintage" shots to share with you today.

The first one was clearly taken at Knott's Berry Farm. The back of the photo is stamped December 1979 however, our wardrobe isn't very Decemberish. Yes, that's me and my son and I am hogging that delicious pickle that is making me salivate just looking at it!


Flash forward a few years and Olympic Fever has hit Los Angeles. Yes, the games were being held in L.A. and for some work related reason, I had to go to the L.A. Convention Center. While I was there, I spotted a free photo opp with Sam the Eagle. Free! So what if I was 10 minutes late getting back to work, right? Let me tell you, I'm so glad I did this. It's been a neat souvenir to have all these years.


And there you have it - two totally unrelated things but nice vintage shots.

Comments

Debbie V. said…
You have a great smile :)
My best friend and I used to stop by the meat market when we were in elementary school. They had a big jar of dill pickles just like the one you have - 5 cents each. The perfect treat on a hot day.
Thufer said…
Cute. Goodness, my daughter use to walk around with a pickle at D'Land.
TokyoMagic! said…
I love both of these pics! Great shot of the Corkscrew sign....which I don't think lasted as long as the Corkscrew, itself.

And I remember 1984! Everyone thought Disneyland and Knott's would be PACKED! And they weren't! Knott's was so slow that they had to let many of the summer new hires go before summer was even over.

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest