Cake in a Cup

I get crazy cravings every once in a while. I knew you could make cake in a cup and I've done it several times but I have yet to find a recipe I liked.

I have found one that has promise and I want to experiment with it.

For starters, this is the recipe I tried to make last night. Looks pretty, doesn't it?






I got everything together to make this for myself and then realized that I didn't have any vanilla extract. What to do?? I Googled "vanilla extract substitute for baking" and found a suggestion to use vanilla flavored rum. Only one problem - I didn't have any. I had mango flavor, coconut flavor, banana flavor and pineapple flavor. I chose the coconut.


The batter was very dense and difficult to mix well in a cup or maybe I was just impatient!

I chose one of my favorite mugs and below you see the result. (A shout out to Jim Harold at The Campfire and Paranormal Podcast. I use my mug all the time! Great shows!)


I like the peanut butter and chocolate combination but the cake seemed quite dry to me. Maybe next time I'll add more peanut butter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest