World of Color Dinner Package

A good friend of mine was in town recently and since we had not seen each other in approximately 10 years, we met for dinner at DCA. But not just any dinner, oh no. She treated me to a World of Color dinner package.

Let me tell you something right off the bat - if you have not does this, DO IT. Everyone should do this at least once. I will tell you all about it but first let's start at the beginning. I was to meet my friend at the Wine Country Trattoria but the parade was in full swing when I got to DCA. I squeezed my way through the crowd and got as far as I could go but I had to wait for the parade to end. While I was waiting, I was looking at the Paradise Pier lagoon and thought to myself, "Gee, that would be a nice shot." so I whipped out my phone and took the following picture. I shared it on Instragram but added a filter and the result is the second photo.


I like them both equally.


 The parade was coming to an end so I snapped a couple of pics and a short video to occupy my mind because I was anxious to meet up with my friend!




Without a moment to spare, we made our way to the restaurant and were seated. I ordered the Italian Wedding Soup but forgot to take a picture of it because I devoured it instantly. Hey, I was hungry!

I ordered the filet mignon and let me tell you, it was PERFECT!
Melt in your mouth like butter goodness!


Dinner came with a dessert sampler! No, I didn't eat all of those.
Half was for me and half for my friend, Lisa. I don't remember the exact names of these desserts but I do remember that they were oh so yummy.


Side note: Every time I preview this page, many of the photos are not cented the way I want them to be and it's very frustrating! I have no idea how this is going to look once it's published so I just wanted you to know that if things don't line up, it's not because I'm losing it, LOL. Blogger just doesn't want to cooperate with me!

After dinner, we were presented with our tickets for the show.


We had a little time to kill so Lisa went shopping.


And then we found our viewing spot and waited...




Something told me that I should put my phone away so I took one more brief video and then got ready for the show to begin.


After the show, we were soaked! It was a great night!
If you are wondering about the cost, dinner runs $45.35 for adults but Annual Passholders get a discount so go make your reservations now.

Photo by Jeff Gildemeister

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest