About Me

My photo

Photographer, self proclaimed foodie, blogger and regular contributor to The Disneyland Gazette podcast.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Historic Lake Elsinore

The historic section of Lake Elsinore isn't very big, maybe a mile in length, but it is very quaint and worth stopping by for a bite to eat and a little exploration. As I started down Main Street, I noticed a sign that said I was on historc Route 395. I made a mental note to look it up when I got home and this is what I found. I had no idea!

The first thing that caught my eye was the grand old building you see below.


I pulled up in front of the building to get a better look. Pretty cool, huh?
This was built in 1923.


I continued down the street, snapping a few pics as I went along. See what I mean about quaint? And cute!


At the end Main Street, you make a quick right turn and you are right at the lake.



I decided to turn back towards Main Street so I could take a few more pictures going in the other direction. As I was driving, I saw two lots on two different streets with walls and arches like the one below. I have no idea what they were for or what they represented but they caught my eye so I took the picture.


Now I'm back on Main Street headed towards the freeway. I love the look of these old buildings.


I think you could easily spend a few hours exploring the shops and then getting something to eat at one of several restaurants on this street.


Here's that cool building again. But wait...I found something else!


About a block up the street, I saw this. I had to pull up in front to get a good look and there was a placque that said this building was made in 1887!


After passing the building I got back on the freeway but I spotted something else - a cool older home, probably built in the late 1920s. I know these photos aren't the best but my excuse is that I took them on the fly while I was getting on the freeway!




Ya, I know, I'm nuts.


No comments: