It's time for food!

No Peek Spicy Beef.
I am constantly perusing Pinterest in search of interesting recipes to try. A few months ago, my friend found one that sounded good but had waaaay too much sodium so I passed on pinning it. Then it popped into my head again and I wondered if I could come up with something similar with less sodium so off to the supermarket I went. If you want to try making this dish, here are step by step instructions.

One pound of beef stew meat and put it into a 9 x 9 pan.


Literally a handful of green beans. Cut off the tips and then cut into bite sized pieces.


Three large mushrooms, chopped.


I also added two large carrots but I forgot to photograph them. Dump them on top of the meat.


I added about a tablespoon of seasoning.


A tablespoon of dehydrated onion.


Then I poured this salsa all over it.


Don't worry, the other side is in English, LOL!


Add a half cup of water then stir it all up so that everything gets coated and cover tightly with foil.


Bake at 300 degrees for THREE hours. Yes, three hours. Pull it out of the oven and LEAVE COVERED while you make rice or pasta. I served mine over pasta. Boy oh boy, it was good. Yes, it was spicy - not super spicy but it had a kick, which I love.



Here is a link to the original recipe that inspired me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest