About Me

My photo

Photographer, self proclaimed foodie, blogger and regular contributor to The Disneyland Gazette podcast.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Kool Kactus Coolness

The other day, my roommate took me to a cool, quirky place called the Kool Kactus. I was immediately captivated by the buildings on the site and could hardly wait to get inside so I could ask questions about it!

According to the owner, the building you see below, turns 100 this year! It started out as a gas station out in the middle of nowhere on what was once the main drag - waaaaay before Interstate 10. In a way, it reminded me of Radiator Springs, LOL.


I tried to find more into online but came up empty handed, unfortunately.  The buildings behind the restaurant were originally a motor hotel or motel as we call them today. Judging from the look of the buildings, I am guessing that they were built in the late 1920s or early 1930s. Now it appears they are used for storage.




I took these with my phone because I didn't have my camera with me. I do plan to go back because the food was good. Quite good and they have a grapefruitade that is to die for!!!

Kook Kactus Cafe

1 comment:

A Snow White Sanctum said...

Hey, that does look like a Kool place!