Idyllwild (The forgotten chapter)

Yes, it's true, I forgot all about these photos. I believe they were taken right after my recent move. Oh well, at least I finally remembered and now I can share them with y'all.

So in case you are wondering what or where Idyllwild is, you can find out by clicking here. My cousin Patty and I went up for the day and helped my nephew clean a really cool little cabin he owns up there. By the way, it's for sale! Wish I could buy it - I can totally see myself living up there.

So after cleaning, we had worked up quite an appetite. We drove around the little town of Idyllwild and picked a place to try. It turned out to be pretty GOOD, too. I highly recommend Joanne's place, especially the Black and Blue Rib Eye steak. YUM!

Here's what Joanne's looks like from the outside. They have a cute beer garden outside. I'm guessing it's really busy during the summer months.



After a WONDERFUL meal, my cousin and I started driving down the mountain. To give you an idea, here's is a little 4 minute video we took. Don't worry, I didn't take my eyes off the road (although it looks like it!) I was giving my cousin a lesson on filming video...if you get car sick, you better not watch!


We noticed a little "pull out" along the road so we pulled in. I'm so glad we did! We discovered a little trail that took us away from the road and into tranquility.


I think we spent about 40 minutes here - it was so cool.





My cousin decided to climb up on the rock.





Both of us decided that we REALLY liked Idyllwild and wanted to return, at least for a day or two and on that note, I hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?