Food Time!

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved Hamburger Helper. I know, I know, a lot of people don't like it but I do. I didn't buy it very often but I always had a box in the pantry for those times when I needed something quick.

Fast forward a few decades and now I'm in that time of my life where I have to watch my sodium intake. Bummer, man...major bummer. So many of the foods I like are now off limits!!!  Well the other night I was hungry and I wanted to make something quick so I look in the pantry and pull out the handy dandy Hamburger Helper. I was thinking that if I just ate a little bit, it wouldn't be so bad....


And then I looked at the ingredients. Ugh! If that wasn't bad enough, the amount of sodium nearly made me fall over.



So I went online and Googled "homemade hamburger helper" and found a cool site and got inspired to make my own low sodium version.


We finally got a break in the 3 digit weather so I ate outside on the patio...


...by candlelight, no less!


Whether you have to watch your sodium intake or not, I'm sure you really don't want to eat all of those additives that are listed in the ingredients above, right? That being said, if you are interested in making your own, here is a great site with lots of suggestions.

Comments

Thufer said…
Hamburger Helper on the patio by candlelight. LOL only you. :)
I have still never had Hamburger Helper, but ground beef and noodles doesn't sound so bad!

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?