Disneyland 5-16-10

As usual, my obligatory shot of the Main Street Station so I can see what time I arrived, LOL.

Sitting on the porch of City Hall, watching the "towns people"...

Sorry this is so dark but I was VERY surprised to see FOUR trasnportation vehicles on Main Street at the same time. You know what that means: CROWDS!

My friends and I decide to have lunch at the Carnation Cafe, which is one of my favorite places to eat at Disneyland.

Something about all of these umbrellas appealed to me.

Patiently waiting for my lunch. The smile belies the starving, snarling, growling bear of hunger I am hiding like the true lady that I am, LOL!



I had already devoured 1/4 of the sandwich before I realized
I had not taken a picture of my lunch.

After lunch, we strolled over to Frontierland and while my friends shopped,
I watched the band.

Let's go ride the Columbia!

We got there just as the ship was leaving so we waited for the next voyage.
Meanwhile...we watch the canoes...

Oh, here she comes!

Riding along and taking shots over people's heads...

As you can see, there was quite a crowd.




Here we see a close-up of the Gullywhomper. Not bad, considering I stuck my
hand over someone's shoulder and took an "estimated view" shot
without looking at my LCD screen!











Mike Finn's cabin...













A couple of Indian Scouts!














The village looks very fresh and updated...












After that we had a powerful thirst so we popped into the Golden Horseshoe for a soda and to our surprise, got entertained by Billy Hill and the Hillbilies!

Comments

Thufer said…
Connie,
What an amazing set of pictures. Several when into my 'desktop' rotation. The umbrellas' was very interesting. That is a nice capture with amazing depth. Good stuff.
Isn't working around heads a hoot?
(lol)
Good to see the new RIVERS, and the water coloring is just beautiful.
Daveland said…
Wonderful pictures Connie; but no potato soup at the Cafe? That's a sin!

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest