Ward Kimball and Walt Disney Loved Trains

That is no secret!

Practically every Disneyland fan knows this fact but not everyone knows that there are several Disney/train related tidbits out there for everyone to enjoy if you just look in the right place. After The BoneThumpers finished playing their second set, I took off once again to explore the museum.

I noticed two train cars sitting all by themselves in the distance
so I went over to investigate.


I almost didn't go in because I'm not really a train buff - I think old trains are cool but that's as far as it goes. However, something told me to go inside and brave the heat and I'm glad I did.
 

As I am scanning hundreds of items, I looked UP and my eye caught this. Initially, I was drawn in by the obviously old graphic and then...


...I noticed the label at the bottom...
This had once belonged to Ward Kimball!


It took several attempts to get the above shot - I kept losing my balance because this was waaay up practically on the ceiling and having to tilt my head back....well, you get the picture. Or rather, I got the picture, LOL.

After that, I stopped scanning the items on display and really started looking at them and it's a good thing or I would have missed this gem.


I found a few more items that had been owned by Ward Kimball
so I tried my best to get some decent shots so I could share them with my fellow Disney lovers.
(Make sure you click on each photo to enlarge them.)





This family Christmas Card is great!


Regular readers know that I like to explore structures of historical significance and that includes train stations. My friend turned me on to the Harvey Girls a few years ago so I was pleasantly surprised to find a reference to them here. And as I was writing this post, I found that the museum website has an interesting article on them as well. Just click here.


If you'd like to read my previous post about Harvey Girls, you can find it here.

Yes, this has turned into a rather long post and I apologize but if you've read this far then it's because you want to and I don't feel so bad now, LOL!

The following pictures were what left of my random shots taken at the Orange Empire Railway Museum. If you know anyone that is into trains, please share this post with them. 


A few more Steampunkers for your viewing pleasure.





Check out this barbecue set up!
 


Oh ya, it was GOOD!
 

Some random buildings which I didn't get a chance to explore.






And that about does it, folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest