WOW!

On Saturday, October 30th 2010, The Opera Co. of Philadelphia and 28 choral organizations totaling over 650 persons gathered in the Grand Court at Macy's Department Store in Philly. They mingled with the crowd and then accompanied by the (Wanamaker) worlds largest working pipe organ, sang Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" to a stunned & surprised audience, which some joined in to sing. This was presented by the Knights' Foundation, "Random Acts of Culture".


What I would have given to take part in this!



This brought back so many incredible memories of my "performing days". I loved being in a chorus and this was my FAVORITE piece to perform during the holidays. Gives me chills!

Comments

Momma Nic said…
You just gave me a huge big smile this morning. I too would have sung along.

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?