Tom Sawyer's Island Part 4

I have to tell you, I LOVED wandering around this island. I recommend it to everyone. It is simply beautiful and tranquil and a great place to hang out!



Does anyone know if W. Turner was a real person or a character in a novel?

I was disappointed to see a large net stretched across the area that was once open - I guess today's guests are morons who can't keep their hands off of something that is not theirs. Oh ya, remember the tree that was a carved up?? Well I stuck my lens through the netting to take these next photos.




Pretty cool even if I do say so myself!



Now we're back outside...



...and to my right I see a giant anchor.


I continue on towards the very front of the island...



...and stop to admire the mill's wheel...



I know these are a necessary evil for Fantasmic but they are an eyesore.


Looking back....


Looking forward, LOL!




Rounding the bend...


This area is so blah.


Another elevator I didn't know existed.


Let's check out this building, shall we?


The first thing that caught my eye was this lovely lady. I'm surprise no one has complained about her "provocative" pose!


Oh my, look at all of these dangerous weapons!



I kinda giggled when I saw the Matterhorn.


Oh, I wonder where these go?


Looking towards the mill...


Nice view of the River Belle.


I wonder if people ever bring their own checkers?


Nothing more to see so let's head on down the stairs...


...and look up when we get to the bottom.


That water tower sure looks OLD, doesn't it?


Now I'm back where I started! Tomorrow we explore some caves!

Comments

robby431 said…
W. Turner is Will Turner. Orlando Bloom from Pirates of the Caribbean. Another annoying reference to that movie. Grr...
Wow, that's a bunch of great photos, with plenty o' details. Thanks, Connie.

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?