A "lazy" Saturday morning

A fellow blogger did a Jedi mind trick when he blogged about donuts. I had been resisting the urge to get some but finally compromised:  If I went for a nice walk on the beach and hiked some of the trails, I could then go get some donuts, right?

I borrowed my roommate's parking pass and took off towards the coast so follow me as I explore a different area of Crystal Cove State Park.


So far this is easy....a nice flat surface.


Here's the beach access trail...


Let's get educated, folks.




We continue on a nice, slight downhill walk. (The key word here is downhill.)


More stuff to read.



Oh my gosh, no matter how many times I see this view, it always takes my breath away.




A little info before we hit the sand trail down to the water.


I feel like I'm 12 again, LOL!


Can you believe this?


I don't realize how lucky I am to be living in Southern California until I walk at the beach.


Some pelicans fly overhead.



I thought this plant was a very interesting color.



Oh oh....eventually, I'll have to go back up those stairs.... I'll worry about that later!






Oh to be seven again.


Of course, I could not resist walking out on the rocks.




Looking into the tide pools I saw lots of activity but of course, as soon as I pulled up my
camera, all the little crabs would hide!







After enjoying the wonderful view for about an hour, I climbed back up the stairs, up the sandy trail and went over to a lookout point.


Here's a brief video I took. When I got home and viewed it, I decided that even though I'm unemployed, I was going to buy a parking pass for the California State Park System. There are so many beautiful parks in California and I never go to any of them because of the parking fees.
Well, that won't be an issue any longer!

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest