About Me

My photo

Photographer, self proclaimed foodie, blogger and regular contributor to The Disneyland Gazette podcast.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Video Friday and Disneyland Hotel

The other day, quite on the spur of the moment, I decided that I wanted to have lunch at Tangaroa Terrace. That's the way I am - an idea pops into my head and I usually act.

So I parked in the Mickey and Friends parking structure and walked to the hotel. It was SUCH a nice day - not hot, slightly breezy - perfect for a short walk.

As I approached the hotel, I stopped to watch the workers install a new window.



First, I made my way to Trader Sam's and looked inside


Oooooh, it's uber cool inside!!! I really wanted a Mai Tai but I was by myself and how fun is drinking by yourself? Not much.


I ordered my yummy cheeseburger and sweet potato fries and sat down at one of the outside tables to supervise the construction.




At this point, 3 "suits" walked up and started talking about the pirate ship.
(And I pretended to be more interested in my burger than them....)

Suit #1: Is all of this going?
Suit #2: Ya, all of it.
Suit #1: Even the ship?
Suit #2: Ya, even the ship.
Suit #1: It looks like it's falling apart.
Suit #2: It was falling apart when we got it!
Suit #1: Ya, that's what I heard!
Suit #2: They already pulled off everything they wanted to save. You know, like Tinkerbell....
Then Suit #2 leaned over and started whispering. Dammit, I couldn't hear him! They all laughed and walked away.



I finished my burger and proceeded to take a few more pics...




OK boys and girls. You've very patiently waited for your video and here it is.

I walked over to where the waterfalls used to be. Sadly, there is no trace of them but they did put in an interesting water feature that, to me, seems a bit out of place with the theme.
Decide for yourselves.
 
video

After that, I decided to sit by the outdoor fireplace. Man, what a cool place to relax. I kept hoping a castmember would ask me if I wanted to order a drink, LOL.



I really want to get a group of people together and spend some time at Trader Sam's.
It's a really cool joint! Anybody game?