Looking back

Today's post is due to an idea I got from davelandweb. He doesn't know he gave me the idea but I want to give him the credit he deserves, nonetheless. After reading his blog post, I decided I wanted to film a video from the Casey Jr. Caboose. So sit back and relax. The train is about to leave the station!




So while I was standing in line for the previously mentioned train ride, I took a few shots. This lamppost caught my eye because it had elephants on it. Clearly it's for Dumbo but it was located at the Casey Jr. station.


Do you think this was a ticket booth at one time?


Come on, you know where I was going with this!


A couple of Casey sightings...



Here we see Casey through the arches.


And now he's making his was into the station.


That's it for today, folks.

Comments

Thufer said…
Just awesome. What an excellent post. My oldest daughter always loved riding back there and every time I take that trip I go to Carolwood Drive in my mind and pretend I had the opportunity to know and enjoy the little train there.
Daveland said…
Connie you made my day! Watching that video was the next best thing to being there. I love Casey! And yes, that was once a ticket booth. Not sure if you realized it, but Casey Jr. was the Circus Train from Dumbo, thus the elephants on the lightpost.
Connie Moreno said…
Dave, I didn't know!!! DUH!
Nice pix as always! Yes, I believe that the little building really was used as a ticket booth for a while. Love the acrobatic elephants, from a scene in Dumbo (he knocks them all down!).
JG said…
Connie, thank you for the video, one of my most favorite attractions. I will bookmark this in my phone too.

Like Dave said, next to being there. On my last trip, I rode the caboose during the fireworks, quite a view.

The building was indeed a ticket booth, located originally next to Dumbo at his old location.

Major Pepperidge has a great vintage picture of it on his blog, the photo is of Dumbo flying and the booth is in the background. The old color scheme is much more vivid.

Casey Jr. was the circus train from Dumbo, the elephants had a car in the train, in which Dumbo's mother is locked away for being a "mad elephant". Casey has a few lines IIRC.

JG

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?