Exploring Spots on Route 66 Part 2

We are still poking around the Route 66 museum, folks! I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw these cell phones! LOL!!


I believe this is an aerial view of Barstow.


I have always loved pinball...and naturally fell in love with this machine.


Who knows what these are????


Here's a hint:



Here's another look at that old car.



I apologize for the lousy photo (I took several and this was the best one) but I had to share this because I busted up laughing when I read the card. It's a modesty bathing suit!


This sign is for Darrin...


I almost fell over when I saw this air conditioning unit...for cars!


Hey, this was pretty darn racy for back then!


These seats were originally from the Barstow movie theater. And they don't look very comfortable, either!


And now...just some stuff that caught my eye...




Uff da! I'm glad I don't have to blog on one of those things!


I remember seeing one of these at our local Thrifty Drugstore back in the 1960's.


Hahahahaha!


I thought these were pretty cool.



Well, that about does it for this leg of the journey. Come back tomorrow!

Comments

That is an eclectic collection of stuff, for sure. Why have "nude" makeup on display? And was it for nudists, or just women in bathing suits? 60 minutes needs to do a story on this!
Momma Nic said…
I seem to remember my Mom talking about leg make-up. We need to remember it was war time, and no nylons were to be had. So the nude make up was the next best thing. Different times for sure.
Connie Moreno said…
Yes, my mom also said nylons were nearly extinct!

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?