Riverside's Mission Inn

On Monday afternoon I got to go to the Mission Inn for lunch! While I've been by the Mission Inn recently, I had not eaten there for several years so I was excited. We parked the car and walked towards the Inn...



While seated at the table, I pulled out my phone and took a couple quick snaps.



If you are wondering where we ate, we chose the Mission Inn Restaurant. Yes, that's what it's called!


This is for Dave...a Monte Cristo! After our meal, we decided to walk around and explore a bit. We went into the bar area and when I looked up, I saw this cool glass rotunda.


Nice door!


Then I went in search of President Taft's chair. When he visited, a special chair was made just for him...because of his rather large size! It looks like an ordinary chair until you sit in it.


It even made me look small!!


Next, we got on the elevator and rode up to the top floor and worked our way down and around.


This place is magnificent.





I love the stained glass window of the chapel...


So I zoomed in!


Now we go down some more stairs...I love all the twists and turns!



Once we got down to the bottom, we noticed a large wall with plaques. We saw one for Amelia Earhart. I took a picture of the legend but you might not be able to see it very well.



Then we popped over to the Inn's museum...


This gigantic desk belonged to the original owner and creator of the Mission Inn. You cant tell by the pic but it is huge and taller than me!


The symbol of Riverside.


After poking around in the museum, we walked over to an antique store. I let my friends go shopping while I sat outside and enjoyed the nice day.


And that, my friends, is the end of this post!

Comments

Marty said…
This is beautiful. I would like to be able to see it one day!♥
Daveland said…
How did the MC compare to the Blue Bayou's?
Thufer said…
What a beautiful place.
Unknown said…
MAN! What an awesome place!! Will definitely have to make it there sometime!

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?