The Avacado House

Ever heard of The Avocado House? I hadn't either until I drove by it a while back. Right as I was driving by, my friend was looking on Yelp for a place to eat and it popped up so I made a legal U-turn and we pulled into the parking lot. What originally caught my eye was the building - it's an old, OLD, gorgeous house. Well, it was a house until the late 1990's. They have a blog (which doesn't seem to be updated often) and they got good reviews on Yelp but wait...I'm getting ahead of myself!

We, parked and walked inside and were given two menus. We decided to sit out on the front porch because it was awesome (the porch) and it was gorgeous outside.



We sat there for a little while waiting for someone to take our order and I was admiring the place when my friend got a phone call so while I was waiting, I struck up a conversation with a man at the next table and I asked him if the food was good. He nodded vigorously while chewing and then asked me what I had ordered.

"Um, nothing yet..."

"You have to go inside and place your order at the counter."

"Oh....thanks!"

I held up the menu and pointed to the chicken salad sandwich and my friend nodded in agreement so I got up and ordered our food.



We had a GREAT lunch! We split the sandwich and I am so glad we did because it was huge! It also came with two cookies for each of us! But guess what? I still wanted to order some bread pudding. Yum....so I did. Oh, and if you're wondering why I didn't take a picture of my food, it's because I was so hungry, I completely forgot! oops...

While I was waiting, I checked out the inside of the house...



They do catering, too, it seems.


As we were leaving, I took the following shots.





If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend The Avocado House. Not only is it gorgeous, but the food is good. I will be back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?