California Citrus State Historic Park

The California Citrus State Historic Park is very close to where I live. I've driven by it a thousand times and have always wondered what was in there. I finally found out!




For starters, there is a small but information packed little museum.



In the 1920s, a plaque was placed at the foot of the parent orange trees that started the huge citrus business in Riverside. This plaque is still in place and the trees are thriving just a few blocks from my house!


Like I said, I live near this spot so let's step into my magic travel machine and visit the location as it appears today....













OK, now let's continue our tour of the California Citrus State Historical Park! Several displays tell the history of citrus. I never knew the ancient Egyptians loved citrus.




Now wait until you see this thing! It's not edible like an orange but you can zest the "fingers" for fantastic citrus flavor in your recipes. They have these actually growing at the park!













There are several short 5-10 minute videos explaining the history of citrus in Riverside and they are VERY interesting. Come back tomorrow for part two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest