California Citrus State Historic Park Part Two

This place is not only interesting, it draws you in as you examine each display.




Those who owned the orchards became instant millionaires when gold was discovered in California. Who knew?


Make sure you super size these next two so you can get a good look at all the different types of citrus. You'll never guess my favorite:  Blood Oranges!


This I needed to know because I'm always wondering when the good grapefruits are in season.


Once you leave the museum, there are many, many trails you can walk that take you right into the thick of the orchards. In March, the aroma is amazing!


The other side of the park is set up for picnics.

Before leaving the park, we took a quick video.


This is the official website for the park. Hope you enjoyed our little trip.

Comments

Oh I wish I could be there to smell the amazing aroma!
Debbie V. said…
Mom (now 87) said when she came to CA from IL in 1948 to marry my dad, the orange trees along the way were so close to the train you could have reached out an touched them.
I remember when Knott's used to sell those small vials of Orange Blossom.
Anonymous said…
It's a really nice facility. This is where I had my retirement dinner in 2006. Also, if you like squirrels, the area by the arroyo on the north side of the grounds is filled with them. If you get a bag of peanuts at the supermarket and sit and wait patiently, eventually they will come right up to you to get them. This sounds crazy, but tap an unshelled peanut on a bench or other hard object. They know what the sound is.

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest