Road Trip Bonanza Part 4

Saturday, February 25, 2012
Look how content Cuddles looks! All three of us got some much needed SLEEP so we woke up early.


7:27 a.m.
Perkins Restaurant
Hey, it's convenient, why not go back for breakfast?



10:47 a.m.
Shell Gas
Time to fill up the tank.

11:49 a.m.
We pull into Omaha so I checked in on Foursquare just say that I've been to Omaha :-) There's a little bit of traffic but it's not bad at all.


We have entered Iowa!!!


12:35 p.m.
Phillip Gas
Underwood, IA
We pulled into the first gas station we found to fill up. Oh, what's that? A Subway? Let's eat!

12:49 p.m.
Subway
Underwood, IA
It's just a sandwich...no need for a photo!

2:16 p.m.
Time for a pit stop at the "Modern Rest Area". That's what it's called! And modern it is. The rest stops in Iowa are awesome. Uber clean, super spiffy and they have free wifi. How cool is that?

Look at how pretty this building is! And it gets better...



Look at the details on the outside of the building.


Here's a close-up. Isn't that neat?


3:57 p.m.
Rock Creek Rest Stop, Iowa
Time for another pit stop, LOL. It must be the cold!

Maybe you thought I was exaggerating about the uber cool rest stops in Iowa but I wasn't. Look at this one. And yes, free wifi!


5:00 p.m.
We have reached our destination! This is the apartment complex where Debby will be living.


We found her apartment, took Cuddles inside and let her out of the cat carrier and made sure she knew where her litter box was situated...and then went out for dinner.

6:51 p.m.
I could not find a website for this restaurant but I have included a link to Urbanspoon so you could read the reviews. We had a leisurely dinner - I had a tostada salad with plenty of this Chipotle sauce.


9:00 p.m.
Walmart Supercenter
I know what you're thinking: Why on Earth would you go to Walmart after a long day of driving? Well, we had to grab a few things like paper cups, plastic forks, some paper towels, a shower curtain, some milk and cookies!  We got the bathroom set up then crashed out on the floor. Luckily, I brought my inflatable Aero bed but let me tell you, that apartment was COLD!!! Needless to say, I didn't sleep much. It didn't warm up properly until the heater had been on for 24 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest