Walking AROUND Disneyland

Nope, not inside but outside, around the Park! Who's bright idea was that?? Normally, I document my arrival time. Today it's my departure time!


I left the Mickey and Friends parking structure and crossed the street to begin my walk. Here you see the parking structure in the distance and Disneyland is to my right.


I'm including these here because it's not every day you get a shot at the parking structure, right? I mean, you're usually driving by and can't stop to shoot a photo.



This one needs some explaining....behind the screen is a mini nursery.
Lots of plants and pots.


Still walking, still looking back at the parking structure!


I have finally rounded the corner and I am on Ball Road near the Team Disney Building. That is the castmember parking structure you see in the background.


Now we've crossed the street and begin our climb up to the bridge that goes over the 5 freeway.



Do you see it? Do you see the smiley face in the window? Every time I drive by that I crack up!


Now this is the destination I wanted to reach. I hope you guys appreciate this! I am now on Harbor Blvd., looking over to the backstage area...



Still walking on Harbor and in the distance is the backstage area...


Unfortunately there was no way to get a clear shot of the building that houses the Monorails without actually walking on to the freeway on-ramp. I love you guys but not that much!! So, imagine if you will, behind that center palm is where the Monorail sleeps at night. How do I know this? Because one evening as I was getting on the freeway here, I saw Monorail Orange peeking out from the building! That's when I got the crazy idea to walk over here some day to take pictures.


I've left the freeway on-ramp behind me and I am still on Harbor Blvd....


Looking forward, the Disneyland entrance is up ahead. Waaay up ahead.


I've finally reached the bus and tram area and decide to take a 5 minute break in the shade.


Yup, I used to ride one of those every night!

Here comes the Monorail!


After resting a bit, I walk across the esplanade and get on a tram back to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. Look at all the pretty flowers.



Hope you guys enjoyed this!

Comments

Thufer said…
That was exaustive. Thank you so much for the effort.
An amazing adventure around the berm. I really enjoy the look at the world around the 'kingdom.' There is just so much to see, things taken for granted by the locals, things not really given time by the guest; but all things loved by those of us who feel that this really is 'hallowed' ground.
I have to admit that I don't remember anybody else taking photos while walking around the park! Must have been some good exercise too.
Barb said…
Damn...I'm tired just from looking at them! Great view that's not usually seen...and great exercise!!
Daveland said…
Connie - Today's post is akin to Star Trek - going boldly where no man (or woman) has gone before!
Unknown said…
Great post! Definitely different but totally awesome!

Fantastic idea. Thanks so much! :)
Unknown said…
Babe.. you are livin' the dream! What I'd give to be able to walk around the park and take it all in!!
JG said…
Connie, wonderful post, wonderful concept. (I sound like Lawrence Welk)
Still, this was great.

Also, great profile pic.

Hope all is well with you. Best wishes.

JG
TokyoMagic! said…
Wow...great post! How long did that take to complete that walk? Any future plans to walk around the outside of DCA?
Momma Nic said…
Great Walk Connie. The only other time I have seen photos like this is on, www.simnia.com. Under the heading of, Disneyland. I believe the date was 2007. I too am wondering how long that your walk would take.
Connie Moreno said…
Well guys, just in case anybody checks....It took me an hour, including the 10 minutes I rested in the bus/tram area. Not too bad, huh? Walk around DCA??? Ya, I guess I should do it!
TokyoMagic! said…
A walk around DCA might allow you to peek inside the back of the Carsland mountain range....although I know there are some motels that back up against it, so the views might be limited.

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?