Exploring Knott's Part 1

I know I said we would continue our look at 2007 but the other day I decided to go explore Independence Hall at Knott's since I hadn't been there in forever. Plus, I took pictures!!! Pictures I had to share!!

I had forgotten how pretty it was...


I was greeted by several feathered friends...


My first view of Independence Hall...

Sadly, there are many areas in need of repair.


I went inside and saw a pretty cool poster.


DUH....I completely forgot to find out the info on this buggy.

There were tons of kids, all being very attentive and listening to the docents.  Meanwhile, I continued to look around...






Well lookie here, it's George and Betsy Ross.


Back outside, I decide to sit by the lake.

Here is a brief video but I warn you - if you are faint of heart DO NOT WATCH! You weak people can scroll down to see the rest of the pictures.
Vicious chickens attack Southern California tourist!


On my way out I noticed this plaque...


These are the trees in question.


I like the old farm equipment you can see here and there...

 ...that was here, this is there.

Back out on Beach Blvd, now...

If I had not had a ginormous breakfast, I would have gone here for lunch!

Now I"m back in the parking lot, taking a last took at Independence Hall before I move my car.

Why am I moving my car? You'll have to come back tomorrow to find out!

Comments

JG said…
Hi Connie. Those photos of the interior look just like the pics I took of the real hall last summer in Philadelphia. Colors look spot on in the pictures.

Very cool. Thank you for these.

Hope all is well with you. I have been very busy and not much time for my friends. You are in my thoughts. All my best.

JG
TokyoMagic! said…
Very nice! I wish Jungle Island was still over there....heck, I wish all of the old Knott's Lagoon was still there! At least Independence Hall is still there and at least they did not build a water slide on top of it! I thought I had read that Cedar Fair spent a ton of money restoring it just since they took over, but I was surprised to see that rear stairway in such disrepair the last time I was over there. By the way, there is an auditorium located at the top of that stairway on the second floor. That's where I had my Knott's orientation meeting a gazillion years ago!

Great pics, Connie!
Daveland said…
Having grown up outside of Philly, I have to say I was very impressed by Knott's re-creation of Independence Hall.

Popular posts from this blog

MLB Food Fest

Upside down Christmas Trees?